Johann is a qualified German lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) and tax expert (Fachanwalt für Steuerrecht). He is a lecturer for Project Finance at the University of Hamburg and professor for Business Law at the private HFH University in Hamburg, Germany. He has more than 15 years of experience in advising ECAs on project financings. In December 2015, the Hamburg Bar Association nominated Johann as “Certified Specialist in International Business Law”. As such, Johann is one of currently seven (of a total of more than 10,000 attorney members of the Hamburg Bar) entitled to bear this specialist title.
Johann has a Doctorate and law degree from University of Göttingen and Lausanne and a post graduate master degree from University of London. He is fluent in German and English.
Selection of ECA Independent Expert Assignments
- Volgafert Urea Plant, Russia
- Topolobampo Ammonia Plant, Mexico
- Coal Gasification Urea Plant Perdaman, Australia
- Ammonia-Urea Plant, Trinidad & Tobago
- Amur GPP, Russia
- Yamal LNG, Russia
- South Stream Gas Pipeline, Black Sea
- Nord Stream Gas Pipeline, Russia